Monday, February 25, 2008

Today is the day I’ve been waiting for!

I'm actually excited about my work again. I guess I have been in a depressive mood as of late. But friday I came up with a plan to get more commissions. I had the great idea of driving to 22 kennels and groomers in the dallas area (Plano, Rockwall and Rowlett to be exact) to see if they will allow me to set out promotional materials (fancy phrase for flyers) to potential pet portrait clients, I have actually been looking forward to doing this all weekend.

In addition to the flyers I listed ads with craigslist in about 10 different cities and will do more today. Yes, that's right, I am such a talented artist that I can actually accept long distance commissions via internet, welcome to the information age!

And my best idea yet, well I actually had this idea a long time ago but I lived in El Paso at the time and it would not have worked as well there since people don't spend as much money on their pets out there. I have contacted all dog parks in the DFW area asking if I can set up a table where I will take pictures of and paint peoples dogs for them on the spot. i have already had some responses to that idea.

I really need to make this art thing work, other wise I may have to get (dare I say it) a JOB!

I don't know why I have had such a mental block about doing pet portraits again, I guess I was just being a typical artist who didn't want to paint what other people want. Well, as with any business the only way to survive is to give people what they want.

As a side note, I will also start painting babys and children. Keep checking back, I am working on some examples since i don't have any pictures of my old portraits I used to do.

No comments: