Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Starting a studio gallery

So, I have been wanting to buy or rent a space for a studio/gallery for some time. And finally decided to stop thinking and start doing.

My idea is to get a space that is big enough to seperate into studio's for several artists and have a gallery to show all our work, as well as have everyone's work online and on ebay. I'll be able to pay the bills with the money I make off renting out studios and then the artists can make a name for them selves by my marketing efforts, and selling their work in the gallery. I have this dream of helping young artists make a living off their work, because I believe this is something that can be done.

What I need? More art sells. With every painting sold 25% is currently going to a savings account that I do not touch so I can get this started. The rest goes to more supplies and ebay fees. I will give updates on how much I need and how much I have at regular intervals. I have lowered my painting prices to help make more money for this. So Please take a look at my work and if you like it please bid.

No comments: