Thursday, January 17, 2008

Tracking my sales and expenses

Ok, I am so excited. I have created a spreadsheet for my art business. Over the last two weeks it seems I have PROFITED. Not much, but it is a start, and at least I am making a profit!

My spreadsheet is great, I just put in what I sold and for how much, what I bought for art supplies, how much ebay and paypal charged, the shipping costs and anything else I need for business expenses. The all I have to do is put in the numbers and magically it tells me my profit, total expenses, and I even have it telling me my profit PER PAINTING, not just my overall income!

I think this is something most artists I have see online lack, you have to keep track of everything your business is making and speding. Soon I will need to apply for a business license and get a business bank account, then I will be able to cut myself a check each week LIKE A REAL JOB!

No comments: